vissza

Muzeul Breslelor din Tg. Secuiesc (Guild Museum)

After more than 40 years of planning and preparing, in 1972 the new affiliate of the Székely National Museum was opened under the name of Muzeul Breslelor din Tg. Secuiesc in the former town hall building. The building constructed in 1857 was handed over to the National Museum in 1971, which highly enhanced the collecting process. Simultaneously, the museum building has been redone to meet the needs of the expanding collection.

The museum aims to demonstrate the relics of local craftsmanship as well as to preserve and research the burgher culture and heritage. Furthermore, the institution intends to maintain the spirit and the memorials of the Hungarian Revolution of 1848.

From a costume historical point of view, preserving and exhibiting our collection of doll-sized national costumes are important duties of ours.



Attila Dimény
Director of the Museum


Address: 525400 Kézdivásárhely, Románia, Târgu Secuiesc, Curtea 10. nr. 1., jud. Covasna
Telefon / fax: 0040 267 361 748
E-mail: dimenyerikayahoo.com

vissza